Sonoma County In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority
Urgent On-CallJump to: Regular Service | Week-end/Holiday Service | Urgent Substitute Provider Program Q&A
Urgent Substitute Provider Program (USPP)Phone: (707) 565-5719 or (800) 601-4222
Funded by Sonoma County Human Services Department
Call: (707) 565-5719 or (800) 601-4222. If you get voice mail, leave your name and number and a Registry Coordinator will return your call within the hour.
Staff Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend service can also be scheduled during these hours.
Call:(707) 565-5719 or (800) 601-4222. A voice mail message will give you the phone number of a Home Care Agency to call.
Agency Hours: 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. on the eve of a holiday. Friday evenings; 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. on Holidays, Saturdays and Sundays
Urgent Subsitute Provider Program Q&A
Who is eligible for Urgent Substitute Provider Program (USPP)?
- Residents of Sonoma County and Currently enrolled In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Consumers/ Recipients, and Individuals with an urgent need for critical services due to the unexpected and temporary absence of a regular provider.
- Personal care,
- Nutritional services,
- Provisioning of fuel for heating or cooking,
- Providers from home care agencies contracted by the IHSS Public Authority.
- No, the service is free.
- When an IHSS consumer calls USPP, an in-take person will interview the consumer over the phone to determine eligibility for assistance.
- If the consumer is eligible, a caregiver from a home care agency will be dispatched to the consumer’s home.
- The home care provider will assist the consumer with the defined urgent care needs.
USPP is intended to provide temporary, but not long-term urgent assistance.
- To provide a safe and courteous working environment for the home care provider.
- To require providers to do only the agreed upon services.
- Please fill out and return the evaluation questionnaire you will receive in the mail after you have used this service.